Thursday, October 1, 2015

Quiet Time Yarn Along




~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here. I would love for you to join me over at Ginny's every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! Share your photo on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~



I'm sitting in my quiet spot in the middle of Stations of the Cross while Pip is in a meeting. Today I got my blanket out of the car to sit on since the grass here is unbelievably spiky. I hope they're not intentionally discouraging folks from using this space! The quiet was disturbed for a few minutes by a Religious Ed class taking a tour to learn about the Stations. But I don't mind. Since I actually get very little knitting done here, I need to be prepared to hike around the grounds next week as other parents are doing. It will eventually be too chilly to sit still, anyway.




Finished my little blanket that needs a blocking. It's soft and cozy, but smaller than I would like. I may need to turn it into a Book Blankey and put it in the shop.


I started reading The One Thing is Three, by Fr. Michael Gaitley, today. I love his books and find them inspirational, so I'm looking forward to it.

The Boys in the Boat is still on my nightstand and I am enjoying that every night. Every morning I am tempted to bring it downstairs, but then I won't get anything done!



1 comment:

  1. your blanket turned out great...even if it IS a lap/book blanket! I remember adding quite a few extra squares when I knit that pattern...which of course, meant that it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r (!!!) to finish...but I'm rather happy with it. Such a simple pattern that is so effective and pretty!!! Love your in white. (of course, mine in ...... grey!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...