Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Yarn Along



~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link at Ginny's to share your photo with the rest of us! ~




Not much exciting reading going on! Between daily routines and the added burden of end-of-the-year treasurer responsibilities for our AHG troop, I hardly have the energy or brainpower to read more than a paragraph of a book on my nightstand! Today's "leisure" reading has been perusing booklets of paint colors....because while my house is in complete disarray and we're moving out everything for new floors, I might as well paint the walls. Right?


I love all the colors in this Sweet Georgia yarn, though I wish it were a bit less heavy on the greens. Give me more of those luscious pinks and lilacs! I'm knitting a Westport Shawl. It's a gorgeous shawl, and the little Estonian Buttons you see in the foreground are cute and fun. The lace, however, is a bear.

The lace is a 20 row repeat and I don't have a hope in you-know-where of memorizing it! As you can see, it's so crumply before blocking that I also have no idea if I'm doing it right. The only clue there is if one row doesn't work out because I'm missing a stitch. Somehow, so far, crossing my fingers and toes as I say this, I've been able to find my mistakes without needing to tink back more than one row. Even so, it's pretty slow going, and with only 30 minutes per night to work on it, it may take all summer! :-( Not that I'll be wearing it before fall...on the rare occasions I attempt to wear a summer scarf, I end up ripping it off in a (hot) huff. 


2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful and will be perfect in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Lucy! I think it will be perfect in the fall, too---except that I did, actually, mess up the lace. :'-( Am currently trying to tink back slowly to see if I can fix it!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...