Friday, May 2, 2014

7 Quick Takes


---1---

Let's just start off this Friday morning with an announcement that Something Other Than God by Jennifer Fulwiler is supposed to be delivered today! Amazon really dropped the ball on this one. I pre-ordered on March 31, and they couldn't even be bothered to ship it until 2 days AFTER the release date. I finally got an email this morning that it should arrive today. Yay! If you're looking for me this weekend, I'll probably be curled up in a chair reading.

---2---

One of the few times I won't be curled up in a chair reading is Sunday when I will be curled up in a chair discussing The Book Thief with my book club buddies. And convincing them that we should read Something Other Than God for our June book club. If we're lucky, we can win Jen's contest and have her join us via Skype. If we don't win, I think we'll still enjoy the book and the ensuing discussion.

---3---

My sweet Katie is in town this week and she's helping me with projects around the house. Yesterday, we ruthlessly decluttered my craft room after I finished re-finishing this junky yard sale table. I'm so excited to have the now-pretty table in there with extra storage! You'll have to drop by next week (hopefully Monday or Tuesday) for the reveal.


---4---

My hand is healing...I think. It doesn't appear to be swollen anymore. I attempted to crochet, which I consider a left-handed activity and my right hand is the injured one, but evidently holding things is bad, bad, bad. Even driving affects it and it gets sore after a while in the car, so I'm concentrating on doing most of my driving one-handed. Left-handed, that is. You should see me look longingly at my knitting from time to time. Sad.

---5---

Coming home in the late afternoon, after several carpool runs, driving back and forth across town, and running errands in between, is not my favorite. And when the house is a mess I really want to cry. Heaven forbid someone should ask me for something or remind me that I have to to take them somewhere else! Does anyone else get that way, or is it just me?

---6---

What fun things do you have planned for this weekend? It will be a gorgeous weekend down here in the South!

---7---

With that, I'm going to post my Quick Takes because driving and shopping all day done took it right out of me. It's time to chill....and think about dinner. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. I bought the Kindle version of Jennifer's book and can't wait to get into it.

    I think it's too soon for you to try to crochet. Unless you are a lefty, I think that is a very right-handed craft. Lots of wrist turning and gripping. Have you tried icing your hand for quicker healing? (Every time I see my knitting somewhere I think of your longing glances and laugh! Whoops, sorry!)

    Happy Sunday. I hope you do all the things you planned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...