Monday, December 16, 2013

'Twas the Week Before Christmas Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
A sunny day!  It was chilly, but pretty nice out in the sunshine.

I am thinking...
About how many things there are to do before Christmas.  And not just before Christmas, just TODAY.  I've been going all day long and I feel like I haven't got anything accomplished!

I am thankful...
That Pete is home from college for a couple of weeks!  He makes me laugh.

From the school table...
Studying for exams for next rest of the week.  And if Meg gets out of her sickbed, we'll be diagramming a lot of sentences for practice since she did not do well on her Language Arts exam.

In the kitchen...
Whatever I can scrounge up tonight.  I made a list, but didn't have time to shop!

I am wearing...
Black jeans, boots, sparkly top.

What I’m doing with fiber...
Knitting as fast as my fingers will go when I have a chance to do it!  I've given up on the socks as a Christmas present simply because I've been focusing on other gifts.  I think they'll be birthday socks instead---for a person with slightly smaller feet (smaller feet = less knitting!).

I am going...
To the Advent penance service tonight at church.  Taking my college boy and going because I couldn't get to confession last week.

I am wondering...
When will I find time to fold 6 loads of laundry today?

I am reading...
Les Miserables on the Kindle.

I am looking forward to...
Checking off everything on my list, being finished with shopping, wrapping, and running around.  Relaxing with my family and watching Christmas movies.

Around the house...
I bought the tree 2 weeks ago, and it stayed in the garage in water for a week.  Now it is in the house with lights on it, but I don't know when it will be decorated!

One of my favorite things...
Sitting by the fire with a good movie, my family, and my knitting.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Bi-locating, shopping, wrapping, choiring, praying.  Praying should be first on that list.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Bi-locating at this time of year is absolutely necessary. It become a necessity again about May.

    Enjoy having your college kid at home! Next year my college student will be going away for college. I am so excited for her, but not looking forward to it for me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...