Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Still dark; sun is starting to lighten the sky and it promises to be another balmy day with a little light rain, I think.  We're having a very warm, springlike winter this year!

I am thankful...
That my brother's radiation treatment has been going well so far.  Thankful that they seem to be hitting the tumor and nothing else important (or we'd know!) like his brain or brain stem. He's able to walk to treatment from his office every day, and now he can wear the Exterminate Bob hat that I knitted!  He needs lots of prayers to deal with the side effects that are going to get worse over the next few weeks.

From the learning rooms kitchen table...
We're still working on catching up from last semester.  It was working well last week.  I hope we can keep up the momentum.

I'm thinking that I want to start a notebook or file for Meg where she keeps track of all the books she has read.  She doesn't love to read (gasp!), and she's a great starter of books, but not a great finisher of books, so I want her to record the ones she has read and build up a history that she can be proud of.  Have you ever kept track of reading, and how did you do it???

The kids are having fun with the new apps I downloaded the other day on the ipad:  Stack the Countries, Stack the States, and the Periodic Table Shoot-em Up.  Okay, they don't love that last one; it's not very exciting.   I got it because we always get hard questions on the periodic table at Trivia Night and I thought it would be useful for that!

I'd still love some homeschooling app suggestions!


In the kitchen...
We've rotated back around to Week 1 of my 7 weeks of menus and shopping lists.  It has been a real lifesaver, but I need to add a couple more weeks using my brand new Make It Paleo cookbook.  I made brownies from it Sunday and they were to die for!


I am wearing...
Sweats since I just took the dog out for our long morning walk.  Got to get up and shower!

I am knitting...
I'm working on a second Dalek/Tardis hat for Pippo because the first one was too big.  I finished the Dalek (Dr. Who) hat for my brother.  My brother's hat uses just the daleks on the bottom and says "Exterminate Bob" (the tumor), and  and I'm knitting a pair of slippers for an upcoming birthday next week.  Shhhh!

I am going...
To stay home as much as possible to get the millions of things done around the house.  I took a bunch of stuff off the calendar for this week and it felt sooo good!  There's still plenty of required driving that will keep me busy.

I am reading...
 The Touch: A Novella for my book club.  I also have a review book on Kindle that I have to read when I finish it.  The Touch is a light read so far, but it's got me hooked.

I am hoping and praying...
My brother continues to do well with his radiation and that his tumor is completely eradicated.

I am looking forward to...
Working on my knitting and watching Once Upon a Time with the kids this week.  I just discovered it and watched a couple of episodes.  Last night we watched the pilot together.   It's kind of edgy, but entertaining.  More like a Grimm's fairy tale than the whitewashed version we're used to.

I am hearing on my ipod...
I'm planning to start listening to Jimmy Akin's show this week to see what that's like.  Have you listened to it before?

Around the house...
Many projects in the works, including decluttering, lots of knitting, and a medieval princess dress for my Little Princess who is going to a Father-Daughter dance soon.  The dress has been a nightmare from beginning to, well, the middle.  It's not done yet, just cut out; there are plenty more opportunities for nightmares!  I won't even bother with the story of all the mis-steps so far.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do after the Christmas stress was over, but I was wrong.

One of my favorite things...
Quiet knitting time with a movie.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
After-school pickup during rush hour thanks to drama.  Ick.  An orthodontist appointment for new braces, and I hope that's it!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Way too dark; can't see the details!

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...